March 3, 2013

Strands of Bronze and Gold on Polyvore

Strands of Bronze and Gold I told ya'll a little last week about Random Buzzers.  I did mention the author visits, didn't I?  Jane Nickerson, author of STRANDS OF BRONZE AND GOLD, will be visiting March 11-15th.  You can submit questions to her forum thread for a chance to win an ARC!  You have through next Sunday to ask her a question and win.  (You can ask a question after that, but you won't be able to win a copy of the book, and you know you want a copy.)

This week I whipped up a set on Polyvore to represent STRANDS OF BRONZE AND GOLD.  I discovered that I don't spend enough time on Polyvore to be very good at it.  We've all got different talents, right?

See it on pinterest!
I got a few dresses for the more modern girl in there, but they both have the plunging d├ęcolletage Monsieur Bernard prefers.  The bronze Docs clearly represent practical shoes for wandering around the nearby woods.  Obviously.  There's a swan boat, a braided bracelet, holy men, and an abbey in the novel.  I don't know why I put a fancy shoe there.  Does one need a reason for fancy shoes?

Are you intrigued?

12 comments:

  1. Fun! Loving the dress on the left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to wear something that dramatic, but the occasion is rare. That's why I included a somewhat more day-to-day version. (Although I'd buy I much less expensive version, if I bought a dress like that.)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, pretty dresses! I like them both. What is Polyvore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fashion site where you can make photosets with clothes, accessories, and such. It's strangely addictive. It's a good way to play around with color and shape.

      Delete
  3. I hadn't heard of a polyvore before. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this way of looking at a concept! I'll have to check out Polyvore for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great if you're a visual person.

      Delete
  5. Oh, naughty Monsieur Bernard and his penchant for redheads and plunging necklines! I should spend more time on Polyvore myself--such a great idea to use it as a tool for a feature like this.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I didn't find a redhead who had the right look for me. (I do understand the no faces on covers trend - it's hard to find the right face and putting the wrong one there just doesn't work.)

      Delete
  6. Ahh, I haven't used Polyvore in ages! It's nice though to be able to whip up a fashion collage on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polyvore is very fun when you're bored.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...